A Little About Lauren

Hi, my name is Lauren Greer and I am currently attending the University of South Alabama where I am majoring in Elementary Education. I graduated from Daphne High School in 2006 and did three years at faulkner. I am very excited and anxious to start my teaching career.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Why a teacher?

I remember when i was a kid playing school with my sister's and we would take turns being the teacher and the student. I did not know then what i wanted to be but i do know i wanted to make an impact. The day i decided i wanted to be a teacher was when my mother (who is a teacher) came home one night and started grading papers on the same subjects i was learning in school. That is when i knew i wanted to teach, so i can teach students and influence them in a positive way. I want to give my future students a fun and educational experience and show them that their education is the most important thing they will ever own. I want these students to go after their dreams and goals and help them further their knowledge of what they can be when they grow up. I just want to be a part of those children's lives as their mentor and teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment