A Little About Lauren

Hi, my name is Lauren Greer and I am currently attending the University of South Alabama where I am majoring in Elementary Education. I graduated from Daphne High School in 2006 and did three years at faulkner. I am very excited and anxious to start my teaching career.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Get up and experiment !

I believe that children learn more and have more self-esteem when they are up and moving around while learning and not sitting in their seats focusing. As teachers, we need students to get hands-on projects and homework experiments to resharpin their learning tools and become more involved. Let the students prove who they are and what they are capable of, let them show the class why they are a good classmate, let them prove to the teacher why we should have faith in them and let them express themselves with education. Sitting in their desk and doing assignment after assignment is part of the educational experience but if they get up and get involved it will only make that experience incredibly life-altering.

No comments:

Post a Comment